During this FREE webinar hosted by the Business Advisory Centre Durham and the Digital Main Street Digital Service Squad team you’ll learn what Digital Main Street can offer your business and if you can apply for the Digital Transformation Grant.
This session covers the essential steps to starting a small business including registering a business name, licenses & permits, HST, business banking, insurance and hiring employees.
You don't need a big budget to get noticed on the web - you just need creativity! Savvy businesses are using bootstrap digital marketing techniques to amplify your message online. In this hands-on workshop, you'll learn the tricks and tools needed to market your business effectively on a shoestring budget.
- How to create a basic online marketing strategy and measurement plan that fits for your business size and goals
- Why email marketing can be a powerful and cost-effective way to grow your business
- How to get people to sign up for an email list while following best practices and the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
- How to take advantage of influencer marketing, affiliate marketing and other ways to generate word-of-mouth
- How to advertise cost-effectively through Google ads, Facebook ads and other ad networks
- What free or low-cost graphic design tools to use to create eye-catching online ads